1. Notice: Terms and Conditions
2. Trademarks and copyright
All rights, including copyright and database right, in this website and its contents (including but not limited to text, photographs, audio, video, graphics, downloads, streams and software) are owned by or have been licensed to The Orion Group or are otherwise used by The Orion Group as permitted by applicable law. Except as set out below, in accessing this site you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and you acknowledge that you are not permitted to copy, download, store in any medium (including any other website), distribute, transmit, modify or show in public any part of this site without the prior written permission of The Orion Group or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Where material on this site is made available for you to download, you may do so only for your own personal use or for the specific purpose of promoting the sale of The Orion Group titles. You may not alter the material downloaded in any way. If such material is downloaded for promotional purposes, extracts of text must be quoted without alteration and images must be used in their entirety without any addition, modification or alteration (other than reducing their size and superimposing a price, e.g. a reduced price). You agree to acknowledge The Orion Group prominently in relation to every image and/or textual extract which you use for promotional purposes and if you quote any extract from one of our titles you also agree to identify the author. You agree that you will not use any material from this site in any way which may be derogatory of the material itself, the author or The Orion Group.
4. Additional rules
5. Data protection and privacy
We will not disclose any of the information you give us beyond The Orion Group. We do not sell or supply any of the information you give us to anyone. We will treat the information you give us with respect, as well as in accordance with the law.
We will only use the information that you give us to tell you about our books, products and services which are likely to be of interest to you, to run promotions and competitions and notify the winners. We do not sell or supply any of the information you give us to anyone.
6. Warranty and liability disclaimer
This website is provided by The Orion Group in good faith on an “as is” basis and The Orion Group makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, about its site or the material contained or referred to on it or available for download from it, and will not be held liable in any way for your use of it. Except to the extent as provided by the applicable law, The Orion Group disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Orion Group or any affiliated company or individual excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, losses and expenses whatsoever including loss of business, anticipated savings revenues, profits, goodwill or reputation arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the this site or any information, content, software products or services obtained through or downloaded from the website. The Orion Group endeavours to ensure that all information and material on this site is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions, neither does The Orion Group warrant that use of this site will be uninterrupted.
7. Site security
The Orion Group makes reasonable attempts to exclude viruses, worms, trojans and other malicious or destructive computer code from its website and the website’s contents (including downloadable material) but cannot guarantee such exclusion. The Orion Group gives no assurance (whether express or implied), assumes no obligation and accepts no liability or responsibility in relation to such exclusion. You are strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before using this web site or downloading any information or content from it.
8. Links to other websites
Neither we nor any of our subsidiaries are responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to our website or to which you may gain access from our website. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such sites or links.
Purchases from The Orion Group website are via third parties. Terms and conditions will apply based on the supplier you select. We would advise you to read the terms and conditions applicable to these sites prior to purchase. The Orion Group has no control over the terms and conditions and or content of third party sites.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold The Orion Group and any affiliated company or individual harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any violation of these Terms by you or your authorised users, or in connection with the use of the website.
11. Applicable law
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and venue shall be in the High Court of Justice. If any provision of this agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severed from the agreement and the remainder of the agreement shall remain.
12. International use
Those who choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13. General Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- Entries must be received before midnight GMT of the closing date. The Orion Publishing Group is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The prize draw is open to all residents in the UK and Ireland except employees of the Orion Publishing Group, any associated Hachette company, their families, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the prizes without notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide prizes of similar quality and value.
- The winner will be picked randomly from the eligible list of entrants to the prize draw.
- The winner will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date.
- The winner may have their first name and town of origin published on the Orion Publishing Group’s website.
- To obtain the name of the winner please write to Orion Website Competitions, Marketing Department, Orion Publishing Group, 5 Upper St Martin’s Lane, London WC2H 9EA. Please give the title of the competition and send a stamped addressed envelope. No entries should be sent to this address.
- All entrants will receive the Orion Publishing Group newsletter by email. They can unsubscribe by following the UNSUBSCRIBE link.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this prize draw at any time.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is The Orion Publishing Group, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ.